Date:      Sat, 12 Nov 2016 12:42:40 -0600
From:      Brandon J. Wandersee <brandon.wandersee@gmail.com>
To:        Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
Cc:        zeke motta <zekemotta7@gmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hello

Polytropon writes:

> That web page lists "NVidia Geforce GT 710 1GD3 dedicada" as the
> GPU. What does "dedicada" mean in this context? Integrated GPU?

It either means the card itself is "dedicated," e.g. "discrete;" or it's
referring to the card's dedicated video RAM. Can't say for sure.

> The GT 710 is not listed here:
>
> https://wiki.freebsd.org/Graphics#NVidia_.2F_GeForce_Graphics
>
> So you'd probably also check the documentation of the (proprietary)
> nVidia driver. This driver seems to have this card covered:
>
> http://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/108584/en-us
>
> Check the "Supported products" tab and the "GeForce 700 Series"
> entry - a "GeForce GT 710" is explicitely listed there.

The GT* 700 series is the 2013 series of chips; I'm running a GTX 660 on
my media center/server without any problems, and I can only presume the
710 will work. My roommate has a 750 in her desktop that runs fine on
the Linux driver, if that says anything.

--
::  Brandon J. Wandersee
::  brandon.wandersee@gmail.com