Date:      Fri, 09 Feb 1996 05:22:16 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Sandy Kovshov <sandy@lapkin.rosprint.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CCITT support in current

>  I've found, what last current does not support CCITT already. Can
>  I ask why ? I have installed X400 GW on FreeBSD and plan to install
>  other tech. sites on FreeBSD, but I must use other system due of
>  abcense of CCITT protocols.

Because nobody was supporting it!

I'll make you an offer, however.  I'll happily send you a 2.1 or 2.0.5
(or however far back you'd like to go, really!) CD containing the
CCITT stuff and you can hack it back into your copy of -current and
make it compile / function as it's supposed to.  Then, assuming that
you're willing to become Mr. CCITT Protocols Person, it can be merged
into -current but this time as SUPPORTED CODE, that is supported by
you (all code has to be supported by *somebody*, after all, and none
of us use the CCITT stuff!).

					Jordan