Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 2002 12:50:47 -0500
From:      Chad Hall <biswick@blearg.org>
To:        sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Resetting LOM password ?

From what I remember of LOM, you can still get the cd to boot.  At least 2.6
has a bootable filesystem on the installation CD.  Mount /etc and change the
password.

If not, you can always swap drives.  I don't have much experience with Netras
(and LOM), so apologies if this information is incorrect.  I have done exactly
the above with a couple 450s and a 3500 for password recovery.

I am trying to free up a lower-end ultra, what is the state of IDE right now?
I've only got one SCSI (other than a 4m SS5), and I think it's going to have to
stay in production.  I haven't been keeping up with the list as well as I
should have, I could probably answer my own question if I had.

Chad.

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 06:19:09PM +0100, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message <Pine.LNX.4.30.0203211208341.5694-100000@asmodean-ssn.nks.net>, joeo
> @cracktown.com writes:
> >Still got root on the box?
> >
> >http://www.sun.com/products-n-solutions/hardware/docs/pdf/806-5980-10.pdf
> >
> >has details on the solaris tools for manipulating the lom (sounds dirty).
> >
> >If you don't have root I can ask around...
>
> ENOROOT
>
> This is a box which came from a bankrupt ISP in Denmark and we have
> no passwords :-(
>
> --

                      Chad Hall  - -  biswick@blearg.org
    The Unofficial .signature Of The 2002 Winter Olympics In Salt Lake City