Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 2013 16:07:21 -0400
From:      Derek Tattersall <dlt@mebtel.net>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>, Shawn Webb <lattera@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Silent reboots in head @r248550 starting xdm with x11/nvidia-driver

iI am @248554 on an AMD64 box with 8 gig of memory, and a 64 bit kernel.
The video is on the motherboard and is a Radeon chipset.  I also
experienced the panic while starting XDM.

I found Shawn's suggested remedy of etting both vfs.unmapped_buf_allowed=0
and kern.bio_transient_maxcnt=512 in /boot/loader.conf allows the box to
boot, XDM to start and everything seems to be working.  It's probably
just my imagination, but it does seem slightly slower in starting
applications.

It seems that the common thing between my situation and Shawn's is the
recent changes to drm.ko.
--
Best regards,
Derek Tattersall