Date:      Sat, 13 Apr 2002 12:22:38 -0700
From:      Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel build problems [FIXED/bug?]...

--24zk1gE8NUlDmwG9

> >I've re-supped my entire tree and am feeling a little clueless as
> >to why I'm getting this.  I've rebuilt my kernel several times,
> >reinstalled world and I'm still getting this.  I haven't tweaked my
> >kernel conf in many months.  Anyone else seeing this?  Didn't see
> >anything in updating or the archives either.  -sc
>=20
> Having done a ton of buildworld/installworld and kernel compiles on
> stock STABLE sources the last few days I think your problem might be
> more local.
>=20
> Have you tried nuking your kernel compile directory?
>=20
> rm -rf /sys/compile/<NAME>
> cd /sys/i386/conf
> config <NAME>
> and the usual...

Cleaned obj, src, and have even tried building a GENERIC kernel and
I'm still getting the same error.  If anyone's curious, have my build
output available at:

http://sean.chittenden.org/freebsd/20020413-GENERIC-build_out.txt.bz2

Ah!  Here's the problem: in my /etc/make.conf, my COPTFLAGS was set to
-g.  Might be worth noting this someplace if it isn't already.  This
used to work though so I know that something's changed since March 2nd
(last successful build for me on this box).  Anyone have any ideas?  I
haven't been paying attention to what's been MFC'ed in the last month
or two.  -sc

--=20
Sean Chittenden

--24zk1gE8NUlDmwG9