Date:      Sun, 08 Sep 2002 18:34:15 -0700
From:      Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        George Reid <george.reid1@ntlworld.com>, "Neal E. Westfall" <nwestfal@directvinternet.com>, Joshua Lee <yid@softhome.net>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why did evolution fail?

Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com> writes:
> George Reid wrote:
>> On the contrary, it is your well that I'm poisoning.  If you are going to
>> cite passages from the Bible in support of your arguments, you'll have to
>> explain to us why it is that you don't adhere to all of the laws written
>> in Leviticus et al.
>
> You are aware that the Greeks had no word for "witch", and the
> actual word they used in Leviticus was Greek for "poisoner",
> right?  "Thou shalt not suffer a /poisoner/ to live".

Eh? I was under the impression that this translation meant "someone
who thinks a lot"....

> Kind of ties us all back into Dave's original motivation, and
> the defensibility of trolls poisoning mailing lists.

...so by the definition I am currently using, ALL of us should
be killed. ;)

Of course, maybe you are trying to poison me with rationality... ;)
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org

Fool (n.) - 1. A person trying to be honest with the dishonest.