Date:      Tue, 22 Feb 2000 20:08:22 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bhishan Hemrajani <bhishan@cytosine.dhs.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CSN 1 is disabled

I am trying to install FreeBSD-3.4 on a 486 I found in
my garage, and I am having some trouble with getting
the ISA ethernet card to be recognized.

I found the problem, now I need to fix it.

FreeBSD recognizes it... and then disables it.
It recognizes it as CSN 1 and prints out the information of the card when
it is booting up the kernel with mfs_root in the floppy drive.
Then, it prints out "CSN 1 is disabled."

Why's that. How do I enable it?

--bhishan