Date:      Mon, 4 Jun 2001 17:32:16 -0700
From:      "Jason McReynolds" <mcreynja@mailbox.orst.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   mail server - relaying denied - error message

I am trying to set up a pop3 mail server and have run into a little problem.
Right now I am using solidpop3d.  I can recieve e-mail from anyone, but I
can't send e-mail from another remote computer. I get the following message:

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by
the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'mcreynja@mailbox.orst.edu'.
Subject 'Hello', Account: 'mail.borderpatrolclan.net', Server:
'mail.borderpatrolclan.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550
<mcreynja@mailbox.orst.edu>... Relaying denied', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

What do I need to do in order to fix this so that I can relay messages from
another computer???

Thanks,

Jason