Date:      Wed, 12 Sep 2001 01:31:10 +0930
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        michael_class@gmx.net
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: oji-plugin with patchset 4

On Tue, Sep 11, 2001 at 11:05:14AM +0200, Michael Class wrote:
> just as a datapoint, after a bit of fiddling, the netscape-plugins
> do build from patchset 4. When I do a

What fiddling did you need to do?  I've been told the patch isn't
applying correctly in terms of the plugin, was that it?

> ln -s /usr/local/jdk1.3.1/jre/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so .
>
> in the mozilla-plugins-directory the "about:plugins" in mozilla
> will correctly show the registration of the plugin.

Cool :).

> Unfortunately every access to applets ends in a
>
> Internal error: Null plugin managerSegmentation fault
>
> Still some way to go ... anything I could to to debug this
> further?

If you're interested, try compiling both Mozilla and the plugin with
-g and then run Mozilla under gdb and see if you can determine where
the memory fault is occurring.

--
Greg Lewis                            Email : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Eyes Beyond                           Phone : (801) 765 1887