Date:      Sat, 29 May 1999 21:37:04 +0600 (ESS)
From:      Ilia Chipitsine <ilia@cgilh.chel.su>
To:        Roy <eollaroy@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Need help

from FAQ

8.20. Eek! I forgot the root password!

Don't Panic! Simply restart the system, type -s at the Boot: prompt to
enter Single User mode. At
the question about the shell to use, hit ENTER. You'll be dropped to a #
prompt. Enter mount -u /
to remount your root filesystem read/write, then run mount -a to remount
all the filesystems. Run
passwd root to change the root password then run exit to continue booting.

Regards, (Наилучшие пожелания)

 Ilia Chipitsine (Илья Шипицин)