Date:      Wed, 05 Mar 2003 20:27:06 -0600
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@supernews.net>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>, <portmgr@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 4.8-REL and pkg-comment

On 03/05/03 20:15, "Kris Kennaway" <kris@obsecurity.org> wrote:
> It's fine by me.  Only thing is to make sure not to generate any
> portlint errors from the COMMENT placement.

The script basically reads the original makefile, outputting to the new
makefile, looking for ^MAINTAINER, and stuffing it after that, which appears
to be the magic method in use.

First test will be to ensure that 'make index' generates the same output,
before and after.

Second test will be a quick portlint over the changed Makefiles, looking for
COMMENT-related activity.

See truck:/tmp/fixcomment for the perl script.

-aDe