Date:      Tue, 8 Jun 1999 10:24:29 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        Joe Konecny <jkonecn@green-mfg.com>
Subject:   Re: win95 dhcp client can't get thru fbsd firewall

On Tue, 8 Jun 1999, Joe Konecny wrote:

> I finally got fbsd working as a firewall with natd!  Yeah!
>
> But my win95 machines cannot ping the fbsd machine even
> on the local side (win95=10.1.1.26) (fbsd=10.1.1.100)
> when win95 gets it's ip from dhcp.  If it set the ip
> manually on win95 it works fine.  I'm using a dhcp
> server running on Netware.  What gives?

Then the DHCP server is not supplying the DHCP clients with the
correct information.  I have hundreds of Win95 boxes here configured
via DHCP that communicate with everything just fine.  Make sure the
netmask supplied by the DHCP server is correct.

-- Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
   FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
   For Intel x86 and Alpha architectures (SPARC under development).
   ( http://www.freebsd.org )

   "One should admire Windows users.  It takes a great deal of
    courage to trust Windows with your data."