Date:      Tue, 8 Aug 1995 22:37:53 -0600
From:      nate@sneezy.sri.com (Nate Williams)
To:        Steve Passe <fbsd@clem.systemsix.com>
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: laptops

> I am shopping for a suitable laptop for running FreeBSD.
> My current first choice would be the TI TravelMate 5000.
>
> Anyone running FreeBSD on this yet?
>
> How about X?
>
> What would be a good network adapter for it?
>
> Suggestions of other laptops?

I've got a NEC Versa P/75 that I'm not completely through configuring
yet, but it's *VERY* nice.  The biggest thing going for it is the
display.  It does 800x600, which is a big deal since most laptops can
only do 640x480.  Having played with both kinds, the nicer display is a
big plus.  Also, the NEC has a built in SBPRO which is good for demos
and such.

For network cards the PCMCIA/3C589B works well for me.

Nate