Date:      Mon, 17 Jul 1995 09:31:47 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        leopapan@interax.net (leo papandreou)
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cant get xpaint to run

leo papandreou stands accused of saying:

> S3 driver, any window manager, xpaint loads and summarily exits with

How about some versions?  Under FreeBSD 2.0.5-ALPHA, XF86 3.1.1u1, with
the version of Xpaint shipped in the packages tree, I have no problems.

> What does all this mean and how can I make it go away?

It means that you should have posted this to the questions list, and
given more useful details 8)

The error message means that the X server got something it didn't like,
and spat the dummy on it.  There are a few possibles; you may have
a corrupted Xpaint, a corrupted X server, a memory problem, or just an
out-of-date X server.

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" - Terry Lambert                            [[