Date:      Tue, 4 Aug 1998 15:04:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   3c509B in TP limbo

Hi,

I have an oddball 3c509B card that is probed as UTP even though it only
has BNC and AUI ports.  I've tried the various ifconfig flags (link0,
link1, link2) as stated in ep(4), but no luck.

I grabbed the 3com software, and running the 3c5x9cfg.exe program freezes
the machine.  This card was working in someone's linux box a while ago,
but I think as a cruel joke they somehow convinced it that it's got a UTP
port, and the config software gets upset about that.  Is there a way to
blow out the flash on this thing?

Anyone seen this problem before?  Tips?  Hints?

Thanks,

Charles

Charles Sprickman
spork@super-g.com
----
                           "I'm not a prophet or a stone-age man
                           Just a mortal with potential of a superman
                           I'm living on"      -DB