Date:      Wed, 20 Oct 2004 23:55:24 +0200
From:      Jochen Gensch <incmc@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Turning off screen completely

Hi,

I cannot manage to turn off my display completely on my Thinkpad. Since
I use KDE, I configured the energy options to switch it off completely
after a few minutes. However this doesn't work. The screen turns black,
but the back light stays on. But you can turn it off by pressing this
tiny button, which usually deactivates everything when closing the lid.

I am using acpi_video, tried the dpms patch and dectivated the radeon
module. Nothing helps... any ideas welcome.

Cheers, Jochen