Date:      Mon, 21 May 2001 17:30:57 -0400
From:      "KB" <elit@home.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Apache Chroot

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C0E21B.CB9C0CD0

Hi folks,

    I'm running FreeBSD 4.-3 STABLE and recent configure apache to run =
in a chroot which I've created following this article: =
http://penguin.epfl.ch/chroot.html Granted it seems a bit outdated and =
written based on Linux and Solaris systems, but I just used it as a base =
for ideas and configured the chroot according with FreeBSD and =
dependencies. In any event, for the first 2 days or so of running with =
the command: chroot /www /apache/bin/httpd, everything was perfect. Now =
today suddently apache coredumps and doesn't leave any sign in the error =
logfile as to why it could have possibly done so. I'm wondering perhaps =
if someone could point me to a more up-to-date version of a similar =
article but directed towards FreeBSD instead? Or perhaps someone has had =
this problem before? Any information is much appreciated. Thanks for =
your time.

    Regards,

Kris

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C0E21B.CB9C0CD0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi folks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I'm running FreeBSD =
4.-3 STABLE=20
and recent configure apache to run in a chroot which I've created =
following this=20
article: <A=20
href=3D"http://penguin.epfl.ch/chroot.html">http://penguin.epfl.ch/chroot=
.html</A>&nbsp;Granted=20
it seems a bit outdated and written based on Linux and Solaris systems, =
but I=20
just used it as a base for ideas and configured the chroot according =
with=20
FreeBSD and dependencies. In any event, for the first 2 days or so of =
running=20
with the command: chroot /www /apache/bin/httpd, everything was perfect. =
Now=20
today suddently apache coredumps and doesn't leave any sign in the error =
logfile=20
as to why it could have possibly done so. I'm wondering perhaps if =
someone could=20
point me to a more up-to-date version of a similar article but directed =
towards=20
FreeBSD instead? Or perhaps someone has had this problem before? Any =
information=20
is much appreciated. Thanks for your time.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Regards,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Kris</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01C0E21B.CB9C0CD0--