Date:      Fri, 12 Sep 2014 14:42:29 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Gerald Pfeifer <gerald@pfeifer.com>
To:        Andrey Chernov <ache@freebsd.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Can't build lang/gcc port on i386: segmentation fault

On Fri, 12 Sep 2014, Andrey Chernov wrote:
>> As I just found, it builds with BOOTSTRAP nice, so apparently clang
>> makes some damage. You can see CFLAGS in the log. Swap is 4GB I think it
>> is large enough. Nothing special otherwise.
> BTW, previous 4.7* as lang/gcc build fine even without BOOTSTRAP.

I am curious, what happens when you try lang/gcc48?

My expectation would be both lang/gcc and lang/gcc48 to behave
the same, since it's a very similar codebase, gcc48 just a bit
newer on the same branch.

We could make BOOTSTRAP the default for lang/gcc, though not
doing that and thus building a lot faster has been one of the
features of lang/gcc. -- Since it does not reproduce for me,
do others see the same failure?

Gerald