Date:      Fri, 18 Feb 2000 12:30:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Brian Beattie <beattie@aracnet.com>
To:        Anatoly Vorobey <mellon@pobox.com>
Cc:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: feedback on CD install of 4.0-RC2

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, Anatoly Vorobey wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 18, 2000 at 11:28:45PM +0900, Daniel C. Sobral wrote:
> >
> > Novice is ok, it's the other two that are problematic. Well,
> > particularly "custom". "Custom" does not scare away anyone, and is
> > actually actractive to Windows users. It should be called "death trap"
> > or something like that...
>
> I'm actually scared by "novice" because it would be inflicting on me
> defaults I would almost probably not want. I never run anything but
> "custom", and I suspect many people do the same.

I never use anything but, unless I'm doing something really wierd.  It
does not as far as I can tell impose any defaults.  Off the top of my head
the difference it that the Novice install runs you through the steps of
the install in the most logical order and nothing more.  I would say if
people are getting the impression that Anatoly has that it probably be
renamed because IMHO it really is more convienient without sacrificeing
any functionality.

I'm not sure what I would call it since "Standard" might give a similar
impression to "Novice".  Maybe, stanard, express, selective, could be the
three installation types.

Brian Beattie            | The only problem with
beattie@aracnet.com      | winning the rat race ...
www.aracnet.com/~beattie | in the end you're still a rat