Date:      Thu, 3 Apr 2003 09:47:25 +0930
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        Don <don@calis.blacksun.org>, Dan Naumov <dan.naumov@ofw.fi>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Removing Sendmail

On Thu, 3 Apr 2003 01:29, Don wrote:
> Seriously though, I _always_ replace sendmail with postfix and I have
> never had a problem doing so. Other than one or two really trivial
> anyway.
>
> What problems do people run into when replacing sendmail? How many of
> those problems come as a result of not reading the install messages for
> the particular port?

I think the worse problem is when you have to update the base sendmail with
the ports version..

Come next installworld + mergemaster things can get pretty hairy as you try
and decide which version to continue using, and if you change how to revert
so the base system still does what you want etc..

It can be quite annoying to deal with :)

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum
GPG Fingerprint - 9A8C 569F 685A D928 5140  AE4B 319B 41F4 5D17 FDD5