Date:      Thu, 6 Feb 2003 00:26:11 +0700
From:      Eugene Grosbein <eugen@grosbein.pp.ru>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org, developers@freebsd.org, core@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dillon@'s commit bit: I object

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 05:14:07PM +0100, Wilko Bulte wrote:

> > I ask the core to rethink its decision and return commit bits
> > to Matt Dillon. Perhaps, after some period of time and with
> > some kind of conditions, but please do not miss this developer.
> I suggest you go out and do some more research on the matter.

I did before posting. The problem is that
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/CVSROOT/access#rev1.364
does not disclose needed information to a user and that is bad thing.

By the way, I believe someone will have to use 'cvs admin'
or something to mend this mistake because FreeBSD comminity is paying
too high price for it.

> It is not that Matt has not provided help to a lot of us (including
> your's truly BTW). And I appreciate he helped me, no doubt there.
> His technical skill is also not what is under debate here.
>
> It is the fact that Matt has a history of repeated abusive
> behavior to his fellow committers brought core to this decision.
> It might be interesting to know that Matt has lost his commit
> bit before, temporarily in that case.

I know, I followed that case is all details that were available for public.
I was glad to see that a compromise was found. And I truly hope
that a compromise will be found this time.

Eugene