Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 2017 19:47:19 -0600
From:      Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists@tx.rr.com>
To:        User Hasse <hasse@bara1.se>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need help to update devel/oniguruma port

--On November 17, 2017 at 2:44:09 PM +0100 User Hasse <hasse@bara1.se>
wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'm stucked at updating the devel/oniguruma port trying to follow the
> instructions in /usr/ports/UPDATING
>
> root@ymer:/home/hasse # portmaster -o devel/oniguruma devel/oniguruma6
>
> ===>>> Port directory: /usr/ports/devel/oniguruma
>
> ===>>> Gathering distinfo list for installed ports
>
> ===>>> Launching 'make checksum' for devel/oniguruma in background
> ===>>> Gathering dependency list for devel/oniguruma from ports
> ===>>> Initial dependency check complete for devel/oniguruma
>

> ===>>> Starting build for devel/oniguruma <<<===
>
> ===>>> All dependencies are up to date
>
> ===>  Cleaning for oniguruma6-6.6.1
> ===>  License BSD2CLAUSE accepted by the user
> ===>   oniguruma6-6.6.1 depends on file: /usr/local/sbin/pkg - found
> ===> Fetching all distfiles required by oniguruma6-6.6.1 for building
> ===>  Extracting for oniguruma6-6.6.1
> => SHA256 Checksum OK for kkos-oniguruma-v6.6.1_GH0.tar.gz.
> ===>  Patching for oniguruma6-6.6.1
> ===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for oniguruma6-6.6.1
> File to patch:
>
> Have tried different files to patch, but none working.
>
> Best Regards
> Hasse Hansson.

I had the same problem. Delete the files in the port. Then copy the ones
from here back into the directory.
<https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-ports/find/master>; (type
devel/oniguruma into the search box.

There is no patch in that port, and I have no idea how it got there. It
wasn't in the port on other servers, so I copied the port from one of those
to the one that was failing.

Paul Schmehl, Retired