Date:      Mon, 6 Sep 1999 16:26:38 -0500
From:      "Alejandro Ramirez" <ales@megared.net.mx>
To:        "Rick Knebel" <rknebel@uplink.net>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: FreeBsd again

Hi,

    Well all the development in the Linux arena its around the kernel, and
the complete system its just the kernel with a lot of binaries attached, it
doesnt even recognize an ufs slice, to upgrade the system you just have to
upgrade the kernel and thats all (or something like that) correct me if Im
wrong.

Unlike FreeBSD its a complete OS, each version has a lot of changes and
improvements in userland binaries, system binaries File Systems, Kernel,
TCP/IP Stack, and all the things that came along with the system.

Ales