Date:      Fri, 2 Jun 1995 01:17:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de (Christoph P. Kukulies)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: quantum (DEC) grand prix (any objections?)

> I'm about to buy a Quantum Grand Prix (4GB) SCSI disk today.
> Keen as always I'm expecting there will be no trouble connecting
> it to a 1.1.5.1 (AH1542A) system, will there be?
> Any caveats wrt connecting it to ncr 53810 (Asus SP3G) under 2.0-current?

The Quantum Grand Prix has only been slammed in this list at least 5
times in the last 2 weeks.  DO NOT buy it!!!  We have seen compatibility
problems between it and numorous controllers (ESPECIALLY the NCR 53C810
based controller).

This drive claims to be ``SCSI-III'' and looks to have some rather strange
compatibility problems.