Date:      Mon, 23 Jun 2003 09:55:45 -0700
From:      Joe Kelsey <joek@mail.flyingcroc.net>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <mdodd@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: /etc/libmap.conf MFC?

Robert Watson wrote:

>>>	That's good idea.  I want this feature, too.
>>
>>You should upgrade to 5.1 if it has features that you want.
>>
>>Adding new features to the STABLE branch this late in its lifetime seems
>>pointless.
>

> 4.x will likely live on both in development and production for quite a
> long time, and will therefore likely see MFC's of much larger things than
> libmap.conf support.  That said, if you're not willing to
> backport/maintain it in 4.x, I agree that it will need to find an owner in
> order to make it to 4.x :-).

Maybe nork can step up to the plate?  The step from ports committer to
core committer seems large, but maybe not as large as going from
non-committer.

OTOH, I can (if necessary) come up with the steps necessary to commit
this to -STABLE.  I personally do not see why such a minor change should
cause such a big deal.  Add two files, apply extremely mionr changes to
several others, done!

/Joe