Date:      Sat, 16 Dec 2006 20:28:52 +0100
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely12.cicely.de>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        ticso@cicely12.cicely.de, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org, ticso@cicely.de
Subject:   Re: Bus error with ppp

On Sat, Dec 16, 2006 at 11:34:27AM -0700, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> In message: <20061216130957.GL75351@cicely12.cicely.de>
>             Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely12.cicely.de> writes:
> : I have no clue where to start debugging now.
>
> The following are issues for arm that are differences with x86:
> 	o unaligned access (which I think generates a SEGV, not BUS)

So unaligned access from userland are not corrected.
Ok - on alpha SIGBUS is send in case you disable correction.

> 	o Different packing and alignment of data structures causing
> 	  mismatches between x86 and arm representations (x86 may
> 	  match external ones, while arm doesn't w/o __packed).

Interesting point - I often forget about this.

#0  0x0002fd64 in ?? ()
Doesn't sound like a valid code address.
Maybe single step tracing...
Will recompile ppp with symbols and without optimization.

--
B.Walter                http://www.bwct.de      http://www.fizon.de
bernd@bwct.de           info@bwct.de            support@fizon.de