Date:      Sun, 24 Dec 1995 11:51:06 -0500 (EST)
From:      Craig Shrimpton <craigs@venus.os.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Unpleasant scrolling behaviour on 2.1.0 (fwd)

Greetings,

I have noticed rather unpleasant/primitive scrolling behaviour when
telnetting to another box from my 2.1.0 machine.

This is what happens:

Telnet from Linux box to FreeBSD box.

1) Scrolling is smooth and in color.

Telnet from FreeBSD box to same Linux box.

2) Scrolling is "jumpy" and in B+W.

Is the Linux terminal implementation vastly superior to FreeBSD or do I
have a misconfig?  I'm using syscons with colorls on the BSD machine and
the default console on the Linux machine.  However, for compatibility the
TERM is set to scoansi when telnetting.

Is there a way to "smooth out" the terminal behaviour when the BSD box
"places the call?"

Thanks,

Craig