Date:      Thu, 9 Sep 2010 00:38:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      zaxis <z_axis@163.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Do i have to reinstall VBOX after upgrading freebsd ?

It works even if without reinstalling VBOX.
>uname -a
FreeBSD mybsd.zsoft.com 8.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE #1: Wed Sep  8
09:07:54 CST 2010   =20
root@mybsd.zsoft.com:/media/G/usr/obj/media/G/usr/src/sys/MYKERNEL  i386

Hubert Tournier wrote:
>=20
> Hello,
>=20
>=20
> zaxis wrote:
>> The VBOX works great under freebsd 8.0.  Now i want to upgrade freebsd t=
>> 8.1. After upgrading, do i have to reinstall VBOX ?
>=20
> You should.
>=20
> According to http://wiki.freebsd.org/VirtualBox:
> Known Issues: Build fails if kernel, userland and/or src are not in sync
>=20
> Furthermore, the VirtualBox kernel module should be compiled for your
> running kernel version and probably VirtualBox itself.
>=20
> I've had issues (such as being only able to launch one VM at a time) when
> it was not the case, which were corrected by syncing
> kernel/userland/virtualbox.
>=20
> Best regards,
>=20
> Hubert
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20

-----
e^(=CF=80=E2=8B=85i) + 1 =3D 0
--=20
VBOX-after-upgrading-freebsd---tp29641630p29647378.html
Sent from the freebsd-emulation mailing list archive at Nabble.com.