Date:      Thu, 20 Aug 2009 13:43:06 +0200
From:      Tijl Coosemans <tijl@ulyssis.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Flash10 with 8.0-BETA2 and Firefox 3.5.2

On Thursday 20 August 2009 03:41:05 Warren Block wrote:
> On 8.0-BETA2 with www/linux-f10-flashplugin10 and www/firefox35
> installed.
>
> As per the Handbook, a soft link in /usr/local/lib/browser_plugins to
> /usr/local/lib/npapi/linux-f10-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so.
> nspluginwrapper -a -i runs normally.
>
> linprocfs mounted, and nspluginwrapper -l shows
> /usr/local/lib/browser_plugins/libflashplayer.so.
>
> But about:plugins shows nothing but the "default plugin".
>
> Is something else necessary?

I think you ran nspluginwrapper as root. If you run it as a normal
user it puts the wrapped plugin in ~/.mozilla/plugins where Firefox
picks it up. If you run it as root it puts it in
/usr/local/lib/browser_plugins. Firefox 2.x and some other browsers
scan this directory, but newer versions don't for some reason. You have
to create a symlink in /usr/local/lib/firefox3/plugins/ to the
npwrapper plugin in /usr/local/lib/browser_plugins/