Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2000 09:32:39 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Paul Robinson <wigstah@akitanet.co.uk>
To:        Joe Greco <jgreco@ns.sol.net>
Cc:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Filesystem size limit?

On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, Joe Greco wrote:

> > > Huh?  No.  It's my pr0n server, dewd.  Do you know how many nekkid pikturez
> > > you can stuff onto 1.8TB?
>
> With an average 80K size, 24,159,191 pictures.  Assuming an 80-year life
> span, and an average 16 hours a day awake, that's 1,681,920,000 seconds.
> It appears that I could look at each for about 70 seconds.

You've *thought* about this haven't you? I can tell...

It gets worse when you're talking 'movies' though, because typically a 60
sec mpeg is going to be as big as 8-9Mb. Therefore you're getting less
time for your byte, however, you might 'appreciate' it more... not that I
know or anything.... :)

--
Paul Robinson - Developer/Systems Administrator @ Akitanet Internet