Date:      Sun, 24 Sep 2006 05:16:50 +0200
From:      =?UTF-8?B?U3RlbiBEYW5pZWwgU8O4cnNkYWw=?= <lists@wm-access.no>
To:        martinko <martinkov@pobox.sk>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RELENG_6 does not compile

martinko wrote:
> Kent Stewart wrote:
>> On Thursday 21 September 2006 18:20, Joerg Pernfuss wrote:

>>> SegFault 11 is normally a strong indicator of dying RAM.
>>>
>> But in a laptop it could be related to heat such as a clogged heatsink=
=20
>> or the equivalent. In one of my AMD desktop, I blew the dust out of th=
e=20
>> heat sink and the cpu temp dropped 5oC. There is a list of causes in=20
>> the FAQ and they can all be the cause.
>>
>> Kent
>>
>>> 	Joerg
>=20
> dears,
>=20
> i booted up knoppix and ran memtest for 4 hours (std test), then all
> tests for 8 hrs (6 passes), and no error was reported.
>=20
> i searched log for hdd failure messages as mentioned in a thread from a=

> few days ago and did not find anything.
>=20
> my laptop temperature did not exceed the usual level. i haven't had any=

> issue regarding this yet. (nearly two years)
>=20
> i wonder what else i could check or what other tests i could run.
>=20
> any ideas pls ?
>=20
> martin
>=20
> ps: i'll try to locate the FAQ mentioned above.
>=20

Does the error ocurr at different times in the build process or does the
build process stop at the same place?

I've had similar problems when the .so's already installed in the system
 was not correct or corrupt. So something i did 3 months earlier out of
boredom cost me half a day of tracking it down (i'm no wiz).
Buildworld always stopped at the same location when this happened (with
a signal 11)

--=20
Sten Daniel S=C3=B8rsdal