Date:      Tue, 11 Oct 2016 00:33:21 +1000
From:      Da Rock <freebsd-arm@herveybayaustralia.com.au>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>, Emmanuel Vadot <manu@bidouilliste.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: u-boot efi option
References:  <36160c78-9095-f716-8041-3eb7656642af@herveybayaustralia.com.au> <20161002123700.662f2868688b4b32465395aa@bidouilliste.com> <CANCZdfoaV90H4qSNy64sLgFnnP7hePXbbT6jOX-R1GFiNksR%2Bg@mail.gmail.com> <20161003103247.78ff7596607755ce0f204648@bidouilliste.com> <c6134956-9b3e-421c-d59d-09b08dc7701b@herveybayaustralia.com.au> <20161003122309.6ab5f4b3c94c33355b682ade@bidouilliste.com> <CANCZdfrD9z67bzdNM-mpc7kOqz3cF5joKjvywEOf1S-avbr81A@mail.gmail.com> <20161006181000.b52d8a27d32dd25c31853948@bidouilliste.com> <CANCZdfrBbwA77op51V64HjMbhCDK7Fj9Wbpxn49VveZpsvN2%2Bg@mail.gmail.com>

Ok, so I'm so close to getting this I can smell it!

However, it seems to hang up on the boot1.efi - maybe can't find the
loader/partition? No messages at all.

So I've tried copying loader.efi (works for cd's apparently, so hey why
not give it a shot?) and it comes up with "FreeBSD..." (yay!) then
application fails with "r=-22"; no beastie or boot query. Given that
loader expects itself to be in the partition booted thats fair enough -
but that narrows it squarely down to boot1.

I've gone back over my knowledge (using google and handbook) to check if
I missed something, but I don't think so. My partitions are mbr based so
all good for uboot to _not_ hang up on. The only thing I can think of is
using a GPT hybrid but I'm not 100% sure of the necessity at this stage
given the info available. GPT itself fails (tried) as the uboot/rpi
system can't read it.

So damn frustrating - I know this could work...