Date:      Sat, 30 Nov 2019 15:46:53 +0100
From:      Tomasz CEDRO <tomek@cedro.info>
To:        Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Installation image size for CD exceeds media size

On Fri, Nov 29, 2019 at 10:39 PM Polytropon wrote:
> Or what is that image supposed to be used for?

I just guess this may be used on SMALL / MINI DVD+RW disks used in
camcorders, or small "business card" disk, they have around
1.25..1.5GB capacity, I used them quite often because they are pretty
reliable (can live several years when carried everyday in a backpack),
smaller in size, rewritable (can use up-to-date contents when it shows
up on the same disk), and twice capacity of CeDeROM disks.. thus the
name "disc1" not "cdrom1" I guess..?

FreeBSD-12.1-RELEASE-amd64-disc1.iso 910008320

I can recommend those that still live for years:
Verbatim 8CM 4x DVD+RW HardCoat 1.4GB 30MIN capacity
TDK DVD-RW ScratchProof 30MIN capacity 2x record speed
also I had Sony disk like this but I cannot find it at the moment :-)

Get a 5 pack of these for 10EUR and you will be happy with the purchase :-)

ps/2: I have just found out that there are BluRay DoubleSided disks
with 50GB capacity and my burner actually supports them =)