Date:      Mon, 17 Nov 2003 23:59:38 -0600
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        Gary Lum <g_lum@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Call me stupid...

Gary Lum wrote:

>I've just built a new BSD box 5.1 and recompiled the
>kernel for SMP and firewalling. I was working on
>getting CVSUP working and used cvsupit to generate the
>supfile. Somehow, Prolly cause I didn't RTFM, I missed
>that the default tag "." would get me FREEBSD-Current.
>I then started CVSUP and got about halfway through
>before cancelling the CVSUP.
>
>If I'm reading this correctly, Current is
>developmental and should probably not be a production
>machine? IS there a way to backout of this? I haven't
>done anything to the system after stopping CVSUP. What
>if I wiped the directories and reloaded the source
>from CD? OR should I finish the CVSUP and live with
>Current?
>

>Any help would be MOST appreciated.

"And yeah, you can start the e-mail off with "DUH" and
remind me to change the default tag to RELENG_5_1 ;)"

Nah, now you did it for me! :D

Anyway, with a good working system, just rm -rf /usr/src
and cvsup again ... after making sure that the supfile
says exactly what you want.

And, hey, you were smart enough to ask ...

Kevin Kinsey
DaleCo, S.P.