Date:      Sun, 6 Jun 2004 10:53:43 -0700
From:      paul beard <paulbeard@mac.com>
To:        FreeBSD-questions <questions@Freebsd.org>
Subject:   one for the archives

--Apple-Mail-22-863041270

I had posted a couple of questions about my system suddenly refusing to
build shared libraries and making my ports tool-based builds fail. The
symptoms were that the host type was being misread as kfreebsd/gnu
suggesting I had some Debian/FreeBSD frankenhost, and shared libraries
would fail to build on most ports.

With some research from Pav Lucistnik <pav@FreeBSD.org>, a rogue file
-- /usr/include/features.h -- was discovered and removed. It's dated
Nov 21, 2001, and is claimed by no package so I have no idea how it got
there. But as far as I can tell, that was the culprit.

I will add this info to the PR as well.

--
Paul Beard
<www.paulbeard.org/>