Date:      Mon, 10 Dec 2001 17:22:17 -0500 (EST)
From:      Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        noisecode <noisecode@gmx.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: smbfs problem

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, noisecode wrote:

> im having problems with kernel smbfs support and the mount_smbfs utility. whenever i try to load the module for smbfs i get the error:
>
> kldload: can't load smbfs: Exec format error
> language# Jan  2 00:14:37 language /kernel: link_elf: symbol iconv_open undefined
> Jan  2 00:14:37 language /kernel: link_elf: symbol iconv_open undefined

I received the same messages when I first tried to do smbfs.  I had to
add:

options     LIBICONV
options     LIBMCHAIN
options     NETSMB          #SMB/CIFS requester
options     NETSMBCRYPTO        #encrypted password support for SMB
options     SMBFS

to my kernel config.  However, I think there might have been a smbfs
problem in the 4.4 RCs.  You should upgrade to -RELEASE or go the -stable
route.

Joe