Date:      Tue, 05 Jun 2001 00:38:03 GMT
From:      Brent Rector <brent@justbrent.net>
To:        <mcreynja@mailbox.orst.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mail server - relaying denied - error message

Look for a file called access in your /etc/mail directory.. edit it and =

add your ip entries in the following format.

another.source.of.spam          REJECT
okay.cyberspammer.com           OK
128.32                          RELAY

Brent

On 6/4/01, 5:32:16 PM, "Jason McReynolds" <mcreynja@mailbox.orst.edu> wr=
ote=20
regarding mail server - relaying denied - error message:

> I am trying to set up a pop3 mail server and have run into a little=20=

problem.
> Right now I am using solidpop3d.  I can recieve e-mail from anyone, bu=
t I
> can't send e-mail from another remote computer. I get the following=20=

message:

> The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was reject=
ed=20
by
> the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'mcreynja@mailbox.orst.edu=
'.
> Subject 'Hello', Account: 'mail.borderpatrolclan.net', Server:
> 'mail.borderpatrolclan.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550
> <mcreynja@mailbox.orst.edu>... Relaying denied', Port: 25, Secure(SSL)=
:=20
No,
> Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

> What do I need to do in order to fix this so that I can relay messages=
=20
from