Date:      Thu, 19 Jan 2006 09:40:52 +0300
From:      Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
Cc:        Spadge <spadge@fromley.net>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, Sergey Lapin <slapinid@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: problems with heimdal

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 21:10:54 +0100 Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 19:19:18 +0300
> Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru> wrote:

> > 2. System kerberos libraries doesn't have information about linked
> >    libraries (look at output of "ldd /usr/lib/libgssapi.so"). Thus
> >    we have some trouble (modern mozilla's applications, recall
> >    problems with postgesql port and for sure there are some more).

> The maintainer of the in-tree kerberos stuff said it's a problem of the
> application then (in the discussion of the postgresql problem). Did you
> tried to talk with him?

No. It seems to me that non-storing information about linked libraries
is not a standard way (what other applications do it?). Hence, the
maintainer have had a serious arguments to do so. And I have nothing
to do but look for a warkaround and share it with the community.

> Maybe he has a solution for your case or you
> can convince him that the in-tree stuff should include this information.

May be you are right and it's worth doing so. At least he may give
an advice how to deal with the case without installing kerberos from
ports.

WBR
--
Boris B. Samorodov, Research Engineer