Date:      Mon, 20 Nov 2000 00:06:16 -0800
From:      asami@FreeBSD.org (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Missing dependency in comms/hylafax

 * From: Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>

 * I'm just reinstalling a server, and after installing hylafax
 * (successfully in the sense that it completed without error messages),
 * I ran faxsetup, which failed because of a missing gs.  I see
 * MAINTAINER is ports@.  Does that mean I can do the fix myself?

Yes, but there is a reason why there is no ghostscript dependency.
There are many versions of ghostscripts in the tree (three each for
English and Japanese, and two for Korean) and we don't want a package
dependency to wipe out what the user has already installed.

(This is mentioned in hylafax's Makefile.)

The proper "fix" is to add a script that checks for the existence of
gs and tell users to install the version they want.

Satoshi