Date:      Mon, 11 Jul 2005 17:19:17 -0400
From:      Joe Kraft <jvk-list@thekrafts.org>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   S3 and/or S4 modes for Sony Vaio PCG-v505?

Has anyone looked at the suspend modes for this Sony Vaio? Of course
it's the one I have...  :-)

It doesn't seem to return from the S3 or S4 state.  In a little
debugging of the S3 state, I'm getting the ACPI return from suspend
message in my message log.  The display never lights back up and the
computer doesn't respond to anything except the power switch.

I'm building a DEBUG version of the acpi module, to try and figure out
what is or isn't happening.  Can anyone give me an idea of where and how
to start looking?

Joe.