Date:      Tue, 4 Mar 2008 14:22:20 +0100
From:      Mel <fbsd.questions@rachie.is-a-geek.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Attila GOLONCSER <agoloncser@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Using ports and pkg_add over HTTP

On Tuesday 04 March 2008 13:20:05 Attila GOLONCSER wrote:

> is there any possible way to use the FreeBSD package management over HTTP?
> I can't access FTP from my network. As I know I can install over HTTP, but
> how can I use
> pkg_add -r and ports over HTTP?

By setting PACKAGESITE to one of the http mirrors (there aren't that many).
For example:
env PACKAGESITE=http://ftp2.de.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/packages/All/
pkg_add -r your_package-ver.si.on.tbz

To make this permanent, add PACKAGESITE variable to root's .profile
and/or .login.
--
Mel

    and never get to the software part.