Date:      Thu, 8 Mar 2012 09:13:44 +0800
From:      bo wang <wowopla@gmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Some questions about Link Aggregation and Failover

Thank your for reply.
 First,I think the Link Aggregation can't support too much ports
aggregation.So I change the configure, just get together two
ports.Below are configuration information of c3750:
Switch#show eth 1 sum
Flags:  D - down        P - bundled in port-channel
       I - stand-alone s - suspended
       H - Hot-standby (LACP only)
       R - Layer3      S - Layer2
       U - in use      f - failed to allocate aggregator

       M - not in use, minimum links not met
       u - unsuitable for bundling
       w - waiting to be aggregated
       d - default port

Number of channel-groups in use: 2
Number of aggregators:           2

Group  Port-channel  Protocol    Ports
------+-------------+-----------+------------------------------------------=
-----
1      Po1(SU)         LACP      Gi1/0/1(P)  Gi1/0/2(P)

Switch#show lacp neighbor
Flags:  S - Device is requesting Slow LACPDUs
       F - Device is requesting Fast LACPDUs
       A - Device is in Active mode       P - Device is in Passive mode

Channel group 1 neighbors

Partner's information:

                 LACP port                        Admin  Oper   Port    Por=
Port      Flags   Priority  Dev ID          Age    key    Key    Number  St=
ate
Gi1/0/1   SA      32768     0010.18c0.af20   4s    0x0    0x250  0x3     0x=
3D
Gi1/0/2   SA      32768     0010.18c0.af20   4s    0x0    0x250  0x4     0x=
3D

Channel group 2 neighbors

Partner's information:

                 LACP port                        Admin  Oper   Port    Por=
Port      Flags   Priority  Dev ID          Age    key    Key    Number  St=
ate
Gi1/0/13  SA      32768     0010.18c0.af7c   1s    0x0    0x250  0x3     0x=
3D
Gi1/0/14  SA      32768     0010.18c0.af7c   1s    0x0    0x250  0x4     0x=
3D

Switch#show lacp neighbor detail
Flags:  S - Device is requesting Slow LACPDUs
       F - Device is requesting Fast LACPDUs
       A - Device is in Active mode       P - Device is in Passive mode

Channel group 1 neighbors

Partner's information:

         Partner               Partner                     Partner
Port      System ID             Port Number     Age         Flags
Gi1/0/1   32768,0010.18c0.af20  0x3              13s        SA

         LACP Partner         Partner         Partner
         Port Priority        Oper Key        Port State
         32768                0x250           0x3D

         Port State Flags Decode:
         Activity:   Timeout:   Aggregation:   Synchronization:
         Active      Long       Yes            Yes

         Collecting:   Distributing:   Defaulted:   Expired:
         Yes           Yes             No           No

         Partner               Partner                     Partner
Port      System ID             Port Number     Age         Flags
Gi1/0/2   32768,0010.18c0.af20  0x4              14s        SA

         LACP Partner         Partner         Partner
         Port Priority        Oper Key        Port State
         32768                0x250           0x3D

         Port State Flags Decode:
         Activity:   Timeout:   Aggregation:   Synchronization:
         Active      Long       Yes            Yes

         Collecting:   Distributing:   Defaulted:   Expired:
         Yes           Yes             No           No

Channel group 2 neighbors

Partner's information:

         Partner               Partner                     Partner
Port      System ID             Port Number     Age         Flags
Gi1/0/13  32768,0010.18c0.af7c  0x3              15s        SA

         LACP Partner         Partner         Partner
         Port Priority        Oper Key        Port State
         32768                0x250           0x3D

         Port State Flags Decode:
         Activity:   Timeout:   Aggregation:   Synchronization:
         Active      Long       Yes            Yes

         Collecting:   Distributing:   Defaulted:   Expired:
         Yes           Yes             No           No

         Partner               Partner                     Partner
Port      System ID             Port Number     Age         Flags
Gi1/0/14  32768,0010.18c0.af7c  0x4              16s        SA

2012/3/7 bo wang <wowopla@gmail.com>:
> Hello:
> =A0 =A0 =A0Recently I want to do Link Aggregation for increasing the
> speed. I use a Cisco 3750 Switche and two IBM Server R =A0 =A0 =A0 with B=
SD