Date:      17 Jan 1997 10:32:26 -0000
From:      "malarraj malarraj" <smraj@hotmail.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Problem in connecting a machine in network

Dear Sir,

     we are having one serious problem when connecting FreeBSD machine in an
network. We are having IBM Aptiva model 2144-s20 with Microdyne ethernet card
(I/O address 0x300 & IRQ 5) installed in it. We are having Sun server connected
in network. We are trying to connect this IBM Aptiva with Sun machine.There is
no IRQ or I/O conflict. We have checked with boot -c option. But we are getting
"ifconfig (SIOCGIFFLAGS)" : no such interface" while booting. We don't  know
how to solve this problem. From the "sockio.h" file we found that "get ifnet
flags" is written near the above #define value. Can you please tell us how to
solve the problem. In FAG also we didn't find such problem reported. So
Expecting your reply eagarly.Thank You Very Much

                                           With Regards,
                                    Tanaka Tech Labo Development Group
                                              Japan