Date:      Tue, 16 Mar 1999 18:45:29 +0900
From:      Takayuki Ida <ida@la.cs.musashi-tech.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        ida@la.cs.musashi-tech.ac.jp
Subject:   Luigi's Audio Driver doesn't work yet.

I wrote a kernel configure file like this, to use Luigi's Audio Driver.

  device pcm0 at isa? port 0x530 tty irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x10 vector pcmintr

After I remove the controller snd0 line ,
I tried this configuture file.
But, "device pcm0" was not recognized. It said that

  mss_detect error , busy still set ( 0xff )
  pcm0 not found at 0x530

Are there something options for recognition of "device pcm0" ?

My friend said that DMA flag is wrong.
( etc. vender code(?) is needed ... ? )
I read README in /sys/i386/isa/snd/ , but it said that

bit 2..0   secondary MA channel;
bit 4      set if the board uses two dma channels;
bit 15..8  bord type, orverrides autodetection; leave it
           zero if don't know what to put in .

 OS              : FreeBSD 2.2.8-RELEASE
 CPU             : MMX Pentium 233 MHz ( Chip set : IBM 430TX )
 Audio Controller: Crystal 4237B
 Audio Type      : Sound Blaster Pro compatible (full duplex)
 I/O port        : 0x530 , 0x220, 0x388
 IRQ             :   5
 DMA             :  1, 0
      /