Date:      Sun, 20 Apr 2003 18:38:23 +0300
From:      Dan Naumov <dan.naumov@ofw.fi>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: UFS2 now the default creation type on 5.0-CURRENT

> Does the /boot/loader now understand UFS2 on the root filesystem
> (i386) I've get /var and /usr on UFS2 file systems. But a few months
> ago he bootblocks were not working for i386
>
> Thanks
> Manfred

That's strange, seeing as I am running a 5.0-RELEASE-p7 i386 box with
UFS2 on all filesystems (including root) working just fine. I installed
from the 5.0-mini-iso and just made the installer use UFS2 everywhere.
It worked just fine. Maybe something in -CURRENT was broken after the
5.0-RELEASE ?

Sincerely,
--
Dan Naumov <dan.naumov [at] ofw.fi>