Date:      Tue, 8 Oct 2002 10:12:27 -0700
From:      Will Andrews <will@csociety.org>
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org, will@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: addport b0rken in current

On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 06:15:38PM +0300, Maxim Sobolev wrote:
> Any progress on this??? It's PITA that I can't use my -current
> development box to commit new ports.

Sorry, I hadn't even started to look at this.  It seems to be a
-CURRENT cvs(1) problem judging by your log, in that it ignores
the EDITOR passed to it when committing.  What happens is that
addport constructs the log before committing, and overrides
cvs(1)'s default of using an editor to edit the log by doing
EDITOR="cp /path/to/generated/log" cvs ...

Seems like, if it is using vi, something is not right w/ cvs.

> > Log message unchanged or not specified
> > a)bort, c)ontinue, e)dit, !)reuse this message unchanged for remaining
> > dirs
> > Action: (continue)
> > ex/vi: Vi's standard input and output must be a terminal
> > cvs server: warning: editor session failed
> >
> > Log message unchanged or not specified
> > a)bort, c)ontinue, e)dit, !)reuse this message unchanged for remaining
> > dirs
> > Action: (continue) Unknown input
> >
> > Log message unchanged or not specified
> > a)bort, c)ontinue, e)dit, !)reuse this message unchanged for remaining
> > dirs
> > cvs server: cannot read from stdin: No such file or directory

I'm upgrading my x86 -CURRENT box and will have a look at this
more directly RSN...

regards,
--
wca