Date:      Mon, 27 May 2002 11:43:48 +0300
From:      Vallo Kallaste <kalts@estpak.ee>
To:        Phil Rosenthal <winter@villaweb.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, grog@lemis.com
Subject:   Re: Hardware RAID vs vinum

On Sun, May 26, 2002 at 11:41:39PM -0400, Phil Rosenthal
<winter@villaweb.net> wrote:

> I've been using vinum for about a year now, and have been using it on some
> pretty large, heavily accessed RAID5 file system (500GB & 70MBits/sec
> constantly ).

Have you had dying disk in your vinum R5 configuration? If yes can
you please tell me how you rebuilt new disk? I have had no luck
rebuilding failed disk while filesystem on the degraded array is
mounted and user I/O going on. The disk will be rebuilt and
filesystem will be corrupted. I'm able to reproduce it at will with
either SCSI or ATA disks, no matter on what system I try it.
--

Vallo Kallaste
kalts@estpak.ee