Date:      Mon, 15 Aug 2005 21:10:19 +0200
From:      Stefan Walter <sw@gegenunendlich.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Juho Vuori <juho.vuori@kulma.net>
Subject:   games/pioneers on RELENG_6, anyone?

--Xm/fll+QQv+hsKip

--YD3LsXFS42OYHhNZ

Hi,

has anyone tried playing Pioneers (games/pioneers) on a RELENG_6 system,
yet? I can play it on both my RELENG_5 and RELENG_6 system (both recently
updated), but I have received a report of crashes (originator is cc'd) on
RELENG_6 when you do the following:

### begin copy from report ###

1. Start pioneers-server-gtk.
2. Click Start server.
3. Click Add Computer Player.
4. The program dies. The tty output of the program is:

ai port is 5556
- 10:32:27 - Connecting to localhost, port 5556
- 10:32:27 *ERROR* Error connecting to localhost: Connection refused

** ERROR **: file state.c: line 595 (sm_current): assertion failed:
(sm->stack_ptr >= 0)
aborting...
Abort trap

### end copy from report ###

If you do see this problem on your system, please try the attached patch
(just put it into games/pioneers/files, rebuild and reinstall the port)
and let me know if it changes anything.

I cannot reproduce the error here. With me, if localhost is resolved to
::1 first, everything works fine; if it's resolved to 127.0.0.1 first, I
only see "Connecting to localhost, port 5556", but no error message
(connect(2) seems to fail with EINPROGRESS). The attached patch doesn't
change that behaviour at all. That's for both my RELENG_5 and RELENG_6
system.

(Note that the Pioneers server listens on the tcp6 port only, not tcp4, at
least if IPv6 is enabled.)

I'm not seeing the above error messages at all, so I'd like to know if
anyone else is seeing this.

Regards,
Stefan

--YD3LsXFS42OYHhNZ--