Date:      Fri, 11 Oct 2002 17:13:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Cheng Jin <chengjin@cs.caltech.edu>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-smp@freebsd.org" <freebsd-smp@freebsd.org>, Xiaoliang Wei <weixl@cs.caltech.edu>
Subject:   Re: SMP + dual GbE

> It may be your SysKonnect card.  It's very easy to get full wire
> speed with 1500 MTU packets on an 800MHz machine with Tigon III
> cards (for example).  It's all in the tuning.

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear in my previous message.  We were able to
get 1 Gbps when we pump data through one SysKonnect card (SMP or not).
The problem is when we try to use both cards under FreeBSD SMP kernel, the
throughput on each card is only 640 Mbps.  In fact, using a
single-processor kernel, we could get 560 Mbps going through both cards.

The cards seem fine, the problem seems to be with the SMP kernel.

Thanks,

Cheng