Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2000 07:27:51 -0500
From:      "Michael E. Mercer" <mmercer@ipass.net>
To:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
Cc:        Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FIXED -->  Thanks! Re: ep0 eeprom failed to come ready...

Good morning all,

I had to boot to WinBlows and set the PnP mode on the card itself off.
When I did that, everything worked. This involved running a batch file
on Disk 2 that was supplied with the card, but I had to install a different
driver, the one for ISA mode, the driver that was installed was for PnP mode.
This is what is actually painful to accomplish...

Mitsuru,

Now how you can capture the dmesg output, just boot to single user mode
boot -s
mount -a
dmesg

this should get all information easily enough.

Matthew,

If you still want me to try to reproduce the problem, I will
but it will have to wait for the weekend. My wife was upset enough
she had no computer for 2 days while I upgraded...

later
Michael Mercer
mmercer@ipass.net